Day Ward Patients
A number of procedures can be carried out as a day-case. You will be given an appointment for when you need to attend the day ward with any instructions.
Procedures carried out on the Day ward are:
- Chemotherapy administration
- Blood Transfusions
- PICC line insertions
- Symptom Control Management including Pain Management
- Care of patients undergoing Minor theatre procedures i.e Colonoscopys and Bracytherapy- HDR Prostate Seeding and Steriostatic
You may need to be followed up after your treatment in one of the centres. Again a letter will be sent to you outlining when and where your appointment is.
When you arrive, please report to the outpatient reception desk, and then you can take a seat in the waiting area. Before you see the doctor, you might need to have blood tests or X-rays. If so, we will let you know where to go. Your visit to the clinic is a good time to discuss things with your doctor. It can be hard to remember all the questions you want to ask and all the information the doctor gives you, but there are some things you can do to make it easier for yourself.
- Write down and prioritise the questions you want to ask and make a note of the answers.
- Consider bringing a relative or friend to help you remember the conversation later.
- Request written information where it is available and repeat back what you think you’ve heard to check that the information is correct.
- If you haven’t understood what has been said, please don’t hesitate to ask your doctor or clinic nurse again.