Who We Are
We are dedicated to being a world class leader in cancer treatment, patient care, research and education. In striving for this excellence, the holistic needs of our patients and their families are our greatest concern.
Since it opened in May 1954, St Luke's Hospital in Rathgar, Dublin, has been caring for cancer patients from all over Ireland.
In July, 2005, the then Tánaiste and Minister for Health and Children, Mary Harney, T.D., announced plans to develop a national network for radiation oncology services. As a result, in 2007, the National Cancer Control Programme (NCCP) was established.
Under the Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2010, St. Luke’s Hospital became part of the HSE and later part of the St. Luke’s Radiation Oncology Network.
This network operates from three locations - St. Luke’s Hospital, Rathgar, Dublin and St. Luke’s Radiation Oncology Units, which opened in March 2011 in St. James’s and Beaumont Hospitals.