Feedback & Comments
Saint Luke’s Radiation Oncology Network wants to give you the best possible care and treatment. Our policy is to seek views from patients and their families about the services provided by the Network. For us, any complaint or comment is an opportunity to continuously improve the quality of the service that we provide. We adhere to the HSE’s Your Service Your Say guidelines.
We want you to tell us if you have a comment, compliment or complaint about your health care.
Your feedback and comments help us to continually improve our services.
How do I make a comment, compliment or complaint?
- Talk to a member of staff, service manager or complaints officer.
- Email us with your feedback or use the online form here.
- Send a letter or fax to any Network location.
- Ring us.
- Use our website comments and compliments facility.
- Anonymous complaints will not be formally investigated. However, details of anonymous complaints will be considered by the relevant department manager.
What to include in a complaint:
A complaint should include:
- Who was involved?
- What happened and when?
- Where did it happen?
- How did it happen?
- Why did it happen?
- What is your desired outcome?
Please provide any extra information and copies of other relevant documents.
What will happen next?
- In the case of a comment or a compliment, we will send you a letter of acknowledgement - if we have your contact details.
- We will pass on your comment or compliment to the relevant service or staff member.
- A written complaint will be acknowledged by a complaints officer in writing within five working days.
How will my complaint be dealt with?
Depending on the nature and seriousness of your complaint
- a staff member or service manager will attempt to resolve your complaint locally
- or a complaints officer will look into the issues raised in your complaint.
How long will it take the complaints officer to look into my complaint?
- The complaints officer will look into your complaint within 30 working days of the date when it was acknowledged.
- If it takes longer to look into all the issues raised in your complaint, the complaints officer will notify you within 30 working days and will give you an update on what is happening every 20 working days after that.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint you may refer to the Office of the Ombudsman @ www.ombudsman.gov.ie
- SLRON Management of Feedback (Comments, Complaints and Compliments)
- SLRON Feedback Leaflet
- Your Service Your Say
More information on Your Service Your Say can be found at www.hse.ie